Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I have been Converted!!!!


So this "Coupon Class" has been all the rave, and i have been officially converted. So for the few of you that have no clue what I am talking about people are hosting these "coupon parties" all over town where they teach us all about this website that rates how good the weekly grocery ads are every week, in addition it links you to printable coupon sites and then the big trick is they tell you if there is a coupon in the paper for each item and what week the coupon was in the Sunday paper. To be really successful you have to get multiple papers with a maximum of 5 papers every Sunday. For my family I get 4. I probably could have been good with 3 but I really wanted to bulked up my food storage and it is going to help me big time. So for example last week albertsons had a huge sale. So it took me 1 hour to clip and prepare using the website and my coupons and then 1 hour and 20 min to shop, and I got 320 dollars of groceries for a whopping 65 dollars. So when I averaged it out I got 86 items so it would end up being .75 cents for each item. You can barely buy gum for .75 cents anymore, and as you can see I got 6 top sirloin lean cuts of good meat. Normally that alone would have cost me 65 bucks. So big shout out to Jen Morris my dear friend who brought this to my attention. I love it, and am so excited to be saving my family so much during these rough economic times. For those of you who hate coupons and the clipping and time it takes, I use to feel your pain, but this makes it so easy and time efficient especially for the amount I saved. The next night after grocery shopping I had Eliza and Oliva pyne over for a "Dinner Party" for Jocey, they had a picnic on the floor and watched Willy Wonka and I made a very yummy dinner with all our cheap food. I don't think Trev was ever more excited for me to go grocery shopping. This Rocks!



12 comments:

Jen said...

WHOO HOOO!!! You did an AMAZING job!! I love your pics!! Not bad at all for a newbie!! Let me know when you want to do your class.... I have some super ideas and will have a new blog soon... keep a eye out!

emilyy said...

I have heard about this from a few people....it sounds fun. good buys.

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!! that's amazing! teach me all your secrets. seriously...because i really don't get it. HELP!

Alexis Treese said...

Thats amazing! My sil started this too and I cant believe how much she's saving. Im going to have to educate myself on this.

Unknown said...

I just went to the class on tuesday I love it and I have 3 papers coming to my house so I get more coupons woohoo! I love saving now its fun! lol great job on the .75 cents per item!

Letti said...

Alexis I don't have your number. Here is my email lettibyrd@aol.com Hey I am looking for some names and since you deliver tons of babies I need to to be on the look out for cool but not wierd names. Right now for a boy we have narrowed it down to three names. Krue, Beckham, or Brody. Girls I have none.

By the way I need you to teach me about this couponing thing. So many people have been talking about it but I need help. So maybe when you come down next if your not to busy you can show me the ropes. Here is a great blog too. couponing101.blogspot.com

Jen said...

you go Allie, and thank you for your comment. I love you!!!!!!!!

Jason & Claire said...

I just went to the class and I can't wait to start! I just got my first red plum! Good for you!

Amy Jones said...

I TOLD you being a cheapo at the store gives you a high! You go white girl.

Amy Jones said...

ps get on facebook. you'd love it. i secretly hate it, but we could be friends on there with all the cool relatives of ours.

Homer and Queen said...

HELLO!!!! Have you met your mother???

Alexis Treese said...

Hey Alexis!! I dont have your number... I am being induced tomorrow at 7:30 AM and I am really hoping youre working. Let me know!